- Circular Design
- Product Life-Cycle Extension
- Re-Use: Remanufacturing / Refurbishing
- Waste as a Resource / Industrial Symbiosis
SUPPLY Victoria's mission is to divert materials from the landfill and put them into the hands of artists, students and teachers.
There are two main problems:
1. Every day in Victoria, 120 tonnes of materials are thrown into the landfill — a significant portion of these materials could be diverted for reuse.
2. Artists and teachers struggle to afford materials.
SUPPLY redistributes used art materials to people who need them and offers fun, hands-on art workshops to youth and adults, showing them how to breathe new life into old materials.
When you divert materials for reuse, you are not only eliminating the green house gases caused by landfills but you are also eliminating the energy, waste, and materials needed to create new things.
SUPPLY’s vision is to be Canada’s leading creative reuse non-profit model inspiring artists, crafters, students, educators, upcyclers, and DIY’ers to be more creative and sophisticated about waste and reuse — with a SUPPLY in every community.
By 2050, SUPPLY is working with the city and has helped accelerate the adoption of a Zero-Waste Victoria and is an inclusive hub that supports and activates the community to create a more sustainable, equitable, and creative Victoria.
Leave a comment