Inspired by the circular economy, Green Standards (GSL) was founded in 2009 to solve the growing problem of office furniture waste. Green Standards has developed an industry-leading, managed program of office furniture donation, resale, and recycling, making it simple and cost-effective to clear out workspaces and enable our clients to do more good.
The problem we are solving:
– EPA estimates 8.5 million tons of office furniture and equipment are sent to landfill each year in the US alone.
– Where conventional solutions like liquidation produce an alarming amount of waste, we generate value for businesses, local communities, and the environment demonstrating industry innovation, leadership and social responsibility through our program.
– By working with like-minded organizations, we can keep these items in use and out of the landfill.
– Green Standards is a specialized environmental firm of project managers that works with corporations and government organizations to responsibly redistribute surplus office furniture, equipment and supplies.
– To date, Green Standards has diverted 80,000+ tons of workplace furniture and equipment from landfill (a 98.6% diversion rate) and generated over $32M of in-kind donations to 5,500+ non-profits and communities across North America.
– Now working with 26 of the Fortune100 companies, Green Standards has managed workplace decommission efforts on several of the largest corporate real estate portfolio modernizations/refreshes in history – often to the order of millions of sqft and tens of thousands of employees’ worth of furniture and equipment.
Our goal is to make it simple for organizations to recover value, benefit community organizations, and divert waste from office decommissions, storage and other corporate real-estate projects.